When to make a basic page
A basic page is a great fit for most informational content. Most of your program pages and admissions page will be basic pages, as well as content about your unit.
Before creating a new basic page, consider the pages already on your website.
- Do pages about this topic already exist on the site? (Would it be easier for site visitors to find your new content if it were a section on an existing page, rather than a new one?)
- Is a basic page the best format for your content? (Would it fit better as a news story, event, student or alumni feature, or work post, for example?)
Creating a basic page
To create a new basic page:
- Hover over Pages in the Dashboard menu and then select Add New. A template for a new basic page will load.
- Give your page a title.
- Under Page Attributes, choose a parent for this page to determine where it appears in the site navigation hierarchy.
- Under Introduction, write introductory text for the page, if desired.
- Add components to display your content.
- Under Publish, select Publish.
Editing an existing basic page
To edit an existing basic page:
- Hover over Pages in the Dashboard menu and select All Pages. You will see a list of all basic pages, landing pages, and listing pages on your website.
- Find the page you want to edit. You can do this by searching for the page title or scrolling through the list.
- Hover over the name of the page and select Edit.
- Make the changes.
- Click Update to save your changes.
Copy or delete a basic page
To duplicate a basic page, click Duplicate.
To delete a basic page, click Move to Trash.